Free Transmission Repair Estimate
- 2 MIAs Return From Vietnam April 27, 2015The Department of Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency announced today that the remains of two U.S. servicemen, missing from the Vietnam War, have been identified and will be buried with full military honors. Army Staff Sgt.
- Shady SC Paving Company Makes Bank April 20, 2015Earlier this month we wrote about Lynches River Contracting - a North Carolina-based road construction firm which was formed from the ashes of a Monroe, N.C.-based company called Boggs Paving . Why should you care? Well, Boggs paving was involved in a huge fraud and money laundering case two years ago - one which resulted in the company's assets being f […]
- Residents denounce plea deal in Larson case April 10, 2015A crowd of more than 75 Union County residents gathered in front of the Union County courthouse at noon on Saturday, April 4 to decry a recent plea deal made by former Union County Department of Social Services supervisor Wanda Sue Larson in an infamous 2013 child abuse case. On March 31, Larson pleaded guilty to four child abuse-related charges and was sent […]
- Former DSS supervisor released after pleading guilty in child abuse case April 8, 2015A former department of social services supervisor who pleaded guilty last Tuesday to felony child abuse charges was released from the Union County Jail on Wednesday afternoon, with time already served. Wanda Sue Larson, 58, entered the guilty plea on two felony and two misdemeanor counts in a child abuse case where her then 11-year-old foster child was found […]
- Contractor charged with insurance fraud April 8, 2015Contributed photoLatisha Allen is supervisor of the N.C. Department of Insurance's Criminal Investigations Division for the state's central district, which includes Richmond County. Contributed photoLatisha Allen is supervisor of the N.C. Department of Insurance's Criminal Investigations Division for the state's central district, which in […]
- Spiroflow Acquires Food Control Solutions April 7, 2015Spiroflow Holdings, Inc., Monroe, N.C., acquired Food Control Solutions, Inc., a systems integration and automation company with offices in Chicago; North Olmsted, Ohio; Charlotte, N.C.; and Cedar City, Utah. The acquisition was completed April 1, and combines the strength of Spiroflow's worldwide bulk material handling solutions and the automation expe […]
- Richmond County churches plan Easter celebrations April 3, 2015Daily JournalCrestview Baptist Church, located on Crestview Drive off of U.S. 220 between Rockingham and Ellerbe, will observe its Easter sunrise service at 7 a.m. followed by breakfast in the fellowship hall. Sunday school will begin at 10 a.m. At the morning worship service at 11 a.m., the choir will be presenting Pepper Choplin's cantata "Upon T […]
- NC trooper reassigned pending internal, criminal investigation April 3, 2015A North Carolina Highway Patrol state trooper was placed on administrative duty pending an internal and criminal investigation, according to the North Carolina Department of Public Safety. Trooper Bryan S. Ledbetter, an 8-year veteran, was placed on administrative duty on Tuesday by state Highway Patrol.
- After 75 years, Center Theatre begins on long road to re-opening April 1, 2015To walk through the Center Theatre in Monroe 75 years after the doors originally opened is both a look back in time and toward the future.The brick walls, wooden stage and scattered pieces of long-forgotten machinery inspire the imagination to evoke a happening spot on a Friday night in the '50s; the epicenter of Union County entertainment. The interior […]
- DA: Guilty plea in Larson child abuse case expected Tuesday March 31, 2015Union County prosecutors say they anticipate Wanda Sue Larson, a former social services supervisor, will plead guilty Tuesday in a child abuse case in which a boy in her care was found shackled to her porch with a dead chicken tied around his neck. Harper, 58, was sentenced to a minimum of six years and three months, with a maximum of 10 1/2 years in prison.
- 2 MIAs Return From Vietnam April 27, 2015