Free Transmission Repair Estimate
- N.C. Museum Readies Provider for Flight February 25, 2015The Warriors & Warbirds flying collection in Monroe, N.C., has been going for almost ten years now. They have become well known for their flying displays, including paratrooper drops, from a Curtiss C-46 Commando nicknamed "Tinker Belle."
- Police: Men sold drugs from hotel room February 24, 2015Roy Campbell, 33, of 17020 Jackson St., and Sederick Monroe, also 33, of 21001 Harrison Road, are each charged with possession with intent to sell and deliver Schedule I narcotics and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to police Capt. Terry Chavis.
- DA: Union County man convicted of molesting child for years February 19, 2015A man was convicted nearly a decade after he began molesting a child at a Monroe home, the District Attorney's office announced Thursday. Willie Hubert Duboise, 54, is accused of inappropriately touching a then five-year-old girl while she was sleeping in her bedroom.
- Union Co. bus driver suspended without pay following crash February 12, 2015A Union County school bus driver was suspended without pay last week as the school district continues to investigate a January crash that injured 24 people, mostly students. The students had mostly minor injuries from the Jan. 5 accident in Indian Trail, where the bus had hit a minivan.
- Police: Doctor sexually assaulted female patients at clinic February 11, 2015A Charlotte doctor is accused of sexually assaulting two of his patients at walk-in clinics in north and east Charlotte – and police said they are trying to determine if there are more victims. Fidelis Edosomwan, 52, has been charged with second-degree sexual offense in one case, and second-degree sexual offense and three counts of sexual battery in a second […]
- Police log: Two found dead; carbon monoxide blamed February 5, 2015Police responded to the 500 block of Spruce Street where two people were found unresponsive. They were later pronounced dead.
- Longsnapper Tyler Griffiths Signs with NC State February 4, 2015NC State has officially signed a two star long snapper from Monroe, North Carolina. Griffiths is 6'2" and checks in around 220 pounds.
- Into The Fire: Safety Equipment Made Here At Home February 4, 2015That's exactly what we did, though, to get a real feel for a hometown product that protects the people who protect the rest of us every day. Scott Safety , in Monroe, NC, is the company that makes the all-important Air-Paks the firefighters wear every day.
- Md. man acquitted in NC teen's killing indicted 2nd time February 3, 2015Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby announced a new indictment against a man acquitted in a North Carolina teen's killing after a judge declared a mistrial in the case. Mosby said Tuesday that Michael Maurice Johnson has been indicted a second time in the murder of 16-year-old Phylicia Barnes of Monroe, North Carolina.
- Man indicted in Phylicia Barnes' death for third time February 3, 2015More than four years after a Union County teenager disappeared and was later found dead in Baltimore, the man accused in her death has been indicted for a third time. Russell Barnes, the father of 16-year-old Phylicia Barnes, told WBTV that he learned Monday evening that his daughter's accused killer has been indicted for a third time just weeks after a […]
- N.C. Museum Readies Provider for Flight February 25, 2015