Free Transmission Repair Estimate
- Lawyers Road lane closure north of Monroe December 17, 2014Traffic on Lawyers Road in northern Union County is limited to one lane Wednesday because crews are making repairs to a bridge. The N.C. Department of Transportation said the repairs were necessary because of a vehicle wreck at the bridge.
- Woman killed in single-vehicle Union wreck December 6, 2014A Union County woman was killed early Saturday in a single-vehicle wreck a few miles west of Monroe, the N.C. Highway Patrol said. The victim, identified as Rashonda Denise Rushing, 26, of Indian Trail, was among four people in a pick-up truck that crashed about 2 a.m. on N.C. 84 near Willoughby Road.
- Move over, Santa; Katie is back December 5, 2014If you want to know what it might be like to be Santa Claus at Christmas time, just ask Katie Greene. The Weddington 13-year-old has brought holiday smiles to hospitalized children through her initiative, Katie's Kidz, since 2007.
- Union County residents named Man and Woman of the Year December 5, 2014Margaret Pigg of Marshville and David English of Monroe have been honored with the annual Union County Woman and Man of the Year awards, respectively. Pigg, a longtime volunteer at Carolinas Medical Center - Union and a key player in the opening of the Marshville Museum and Cultural Center, is the 30th recipient of the Union County Woman of the Year Award.
- Woman killed in car-moped crash near Monroe December 4, 2014A woman riding a moped was killed early Thursday when that vehicle was hit by a car south of Monroe, according to the N.C. Highway Patrol. The crash took place shortly after 1 a.m. on U.S. 601 near Macedonia Church Road, about 3 miles south of the Monroe city limits.
- Historic, ornate fountains flowing again in Monroe November 29, 2014A restored 1900 cast-iron fountain in the Union County Government Center in Monroe. The two fountains that were restored were the first source of sanitary drinking fountain water in the county.
- What's going on in Richmond County churches this weekend? November 24, 2014Daily JournalA white cross blends into the background of the entrance to Freedom Baptist Church on U.S. 1 North in Rockingham. Daily JournalA white cross blends into the background of the entrance to Freedom Baptist Church on U.S. 1 North in Rockingham.
- Union County deputy will be laid to rest Saturday November 21, 2014Union County deputy will be laid to rest Saturday Union County deputy will be laid to rest Saturday Check out this story on WCNC.com: http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/2014/11/21/union-county-deputy-will-be-laid-to-rest-saturday/19352447/ MONROE, N.C. -- A Union County Sheriff's Deputy that was killed earlier this week will be laid to rest Saturday. A view […]
- The Things You Will Hardly Ever Know: Unless You Are Keen Enough to Dig Deep for Truths November 21, 2014THIS COLUMN IS PRIMARILY MEANT FOR THE EDIFICATION OF THOSE PEOPLE OF ALL RACES, ETHNICITIES, NATIONALITES AND RELIGIONS, WHO LIVE IN THE USA , AND PERPETUALLY DENY RACISM'S VICIOUS OCTOPUSSIAN TENTACLES. On October 28, 1958, two black boys, 7-year-old James Hanover Thompson, and 9-year-old David "Fuzzy" Simpson, were among a group of children […]
- Funeral arrangements announced for deputy killed in wreck November 21, 2014The Union Sheriff's Office has announced funeral arrangements for Sgt. Jeffrey Wayne Greene who was killed in a traffic collision Wednesday.
- Lawyers Road lane closure north of Monroe December 17, 2014