Free Transmission Repair Estimate
- Pharmaceutical company plans to invest $17 million in new Union Co. plant July 30, 2014Glenmark Pharmaceuticals also intends to hire 41 people over its first three years for its plant, which will make generic drugs.
- Today's traffic: Congestion on I-77 southbound July 30, 2014The typical morning commute congestion is slowing traffic on southbound Interstate 77 at 7:25 a.m. Wednesday, and that is the biggest current problem for motorists in the Charlotte region.
- Roundabout work begins Wednesday in Union July 29, 2014Crews are scheduled to begin work Wednesday on another traffic roundabout in Union County, affecting a main route between Monroe and the western Union County towns of Wesley Chapel, Weddington and Marvin.
- charles_e_cobb_jr_guest_blogging July 29, 2014Black World War II veterans changed the climate of the South. Most of this story is unknown, or not much told.
- Paving Exec Takes Plea in $87M Fraud July 25, 2014The chief financial officer of a North Carolina paving contractor is the latest defendant to admit his role in an $87 million fraud scheme that used disadvantaged firms as a pass-through to win government contracts.
- Southern States to open area store3:25 pm | 0 July 23, 2014Contributed photoSouthern States, a farm supply cooperative with 1,200 stores in 23 states, plans to open a 12,000 square-foot facility in Monroe next month.
- Storm causes sewage spill in Monroe July 23, 2014City spokesman Peter Hovanec said about 8,700 gallons of sewage spilled into a branch of Richardson Creek during the storm.
- Heavy rains cause sanitary sewer spillHeavy rains cause sanitary... July 23, 2014City officials in Monroe say heavy rains led to more than 8500 gallons of wastewater seeping out into Richardson Creek.
- DSS impostor steals elderly woman's wedding ring July 22, 2014Monroe police are searching for a woman they said posed as a Union County Department of Social Services worker to gain access to a senior citizen's home.
- Paving company executive pleads guilty in massive fraud case July 22, 2014A second Boggs Paving executive pleaded guilty Tuesday in connection with charges that the company received more than $87 million in road projects by misrepresenting the role a minority-owned contractor played in the work.
- Pharmaceutical company plans to invest $17 million in new Union Co. plant July 30, 2014