Free Transmission Repair Estimate
- Union Day School taking shape September 12, 2014A Waxhaw resident took another step Tuesday night toward gaining support for a new charter school to be opened in August 2016 in Union County. Erin Kirkpatrick has been planning the creation of Union Day School for nearly two years and, on Thursday, Sept.
- South Piedmont Community College to open new Advising Centers September 12, 2014South Piedmont Community College's new dedicated Advising Centers, one on its L.L. Polk Campus in Polkton and another on its Old Charlotte Highway Campus in Monroe, will play a key role in keeping SPCC students on a clear path toward graduation. The grand opening of the Advising Center on the L.L. Polk Campus will be held on Monday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m […]
- Weddington moves to top spot in boys' soccer Sweet 16 September 11, 2014The Warriors have won six in a row heading into Wednesday's scheduled game with Monroe. That win streak includes two shutouts.
- Southern States opens superstore in Monroe September 10, 2014Southern States Cooperative, a farm supply company, unveiled its new Monroe Rural America superstore in a grand-opening ceremony held Aug. 29-30. The 10,000 square-foot facility at 1620 E. Roosevelt Blvd. saw shoppers for the first time in five years.
- McCrory to give up donations tied to paving fraud September 5, 2014The campaign of Gov. Pat McCrory says it will give to charity more than $10,000 in political donations tied to a North Carolina paving company involved in what federal prosecutors say was bid-rigging and kickback scheme involving nearly $88 million in government highway construction contracts. The owners of Boggs Paving Inc. hosted a March 2012 fundraiser fo […]
- Owner's Plea is 6th in DBE Scam September 3, 2014The owner of a North Carolina paving company faces 25 years in prison after becoming the sixth defendant to plead guilty in a massive fraud that raked in government contracts by using a disadvantaged firm as a pass-through.
- Mattie Rice, a slave's daughter who pushed for a Union Co. marker honoring her father September 2, 2014Mattie Rice at the Old County Courthouse in Monroe Dec. 8, 2012. The ceremony hornored 10 black men, nine of whom were slaves, who served in the Confederate Army.
- Report: Duo robbed Food Lion, pistol whipped employee September 2, 2014Authorities in Monroe are asking for the public's assistance in identifying two men they say robbed a grocery store and assaulted and employee.
- Monroe couple charged in nearly 50 crimes August 28, 2014James Lee Clark, 33, was arrested Monday after he was found hiding in a wooded area near his Monroe home, authorities said.
- Man charged in Monroe crash that killed 2 August 27, 2014Jose Estevez Herrera, 53, of Reidsville, was arrested overnight by Monroe police and charged in connection with last week's wreck that killed two Marshville residents, authorities said.
- Union Day School taking shape September 12, 2014