Free Transmission Repair Estimate
- Union County holds vendor fair for local businesses October 29, 2014Companies who want to do business with Union County, local municipalities and schools may attend a vendor fair from 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Thursday at South Piedmont Community College in Monroe. Procurement agents from the county, Union County Public Schools, SPCC, the city of Monroe and towns of Wingate and Waxhaw will be on hand at the event, which those groups […]
- Driver sentenced in fatal St. Patrick's Day DWI hit-and-run October 29, 2014Driver sentenced in fatal St. Patrick's Day DWI hit-and-run A man was sentenced to 10 years in prison Tuesday for killing a bicyclist while driving drunk. Check out this story on WCNC.com: http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/crime/2014/10/28/driver-sentenced-in-fatal-st-patricks-day-dwi-hit-and-run/18071781/ MONROE, N.C. -- A man was sentenced to 10 years in […]
- US 74 workshop Thursday in Monroe October 16, 2014Proposed intersection changes on Roosevelt Boulevard between Fowler Secrest Road and N.C. 200 in Monroe are the subject of an N.C. Department of Transportation workshop Thursday. The program is planned from 4 to 7 p.m. at Monroe City Hall, 300 W. Crowell St. .
- Store owner beaten, robbed in Monroe October 14, 2014Store owner beaten, robbed in Monroe Store clerk beaten, robbed in Monroe Check out this story on WCNC.com: http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/crime/2014/10/14/store-clerk-beaten-robbed-in-monroe/17237441/ CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Monroe police are looking for information regarding a robbery and assault at the Thrifty Shop at 879 E. Sunset Drive. Police say three blac […]
- Fishing Forecast: Carolinas freshwater prospects improve markedly, especially at Lake Wylie October 8, 2014It seemed like old times for Ken Neese Sr. of Lumberton and his son Ken Jr. of Monroe during a recent fishing trip to Drum Inlet and Core Sound. The elder Neese, 84, a Union County native, shows a flounder from one the spots he and his then-young son fished in the 1960s.
- Union Co. chooses Monroe site for new $42M Human Services building October 7, 2014Union County commissioners have chosen a site in Monroe for the countys new $42 million Human Services building. The cost of the land, which is owned by Plyler Farms LLC, is approximately $2.5 million, the county said.
- Vehicle break-ins reported in Monroe October 4, 2014Monroe police report at least a seven vehicle break-ins early Friday in a four-street area in the northwest part of the city. Break-ins were reported on Myers Road, Hopeton Court, Tradd Circle and Winterberry Lane, according to police reports.
- Union County holds vendor fair for local businesses October 29, 2014