Free Transmission Repair Estimate
- NC toll road moves ahead with contractor guilty of fraud May 29, 2015North Carolina transportation officials are pushing ahead with an embattled toll road outside Charlotte, even after a politically connected paving contractor involved in the $840-million project pleaded guilty last year to defrauding taxpayers. The state Department of Transportation announced Thursday construction had begun on the Monroe Expressway, a 20-mil […]
- Meet Mary Alice ... May 25, 2015Blue Ridge Books will host New York Times bestselling author Mary Alice Monroe at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, May 28, at the store, located at 152 S. Main St., Waynesville. Monroe will read from and sign her newest paperback novel, "The Summer's End."
- Churches to celebrate Pentecost Sunday May 22, 2015Daily JournalA white wooden cross with a purple sash sits in front of the sanctuary of Stelley Tabernacle A.M.E. Zion Church on Stelley Tabernacle Church Road off U.S. 220 between Rockingham and Ellerbe. The church was first organized in 1908 and was rebuilt three separate times in 1942, 1962 and 1986.
- Four arrested in Pageland store robbery, shooting May 22, 2015People in the small town of Pageland are shocked after hearing details of arrests made in the shooting of a store clerk. A witness told investigators that Maria Elena Rios-Reyes was shot after handing money to the suspect and reaching for the phone.
- Troopers: 1 dead in early morning crash in Union Co. May 15, 2015Officials in Union County were investigating a crash that left one person dead early Friday morning. PHOTOS: Scene of Union County deadly crash State troopers said the crash happened around 7:20 a.m. on Highway 601 at Baucom Deese Road just north of Monroe.
- Gary Sherrife May 14, 2015Gary A. Sherrife, 72, of Monroe, NC, formerly of Port Allegany, PA, and Youngsville, PA, died Monday, May 11 in Monroe, NC. He was born December 4, 1942 in Olean, NY.
- Meet best-selling author Monroe on May 28 May 14, 2015Blue Ridge Books will host New York Times bestselling author Mary Alice Monroe at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, May 28, at the store, located at 152 S. Main St., Waynesville. Monroe will read from and sign her newest paperback novel, "The Summer's End."
- Police: Man dies after being shot multiple times along street May 5, 2015Police in Monroe are investigating after a 28-year-old man died at the hospital after he was reportedly shot over the weekend. According to police, 28-year-old Steven Clifton Smith died at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte.
- Column: My lawn's unrefined. Just like me May 3, 2015Despite the chill of an extended winter and the onset of the monsoon season, spring has finally sprung at beautiful High Grass Manor. Our weed crop is thriving to beat the band, thank you very much, and our yard is just as green as everybody else's grass on our street.
- News Briefs: April 30 to May 6 May 1, 2015Anthony George, current director of basketball operations at Carolina Courts has assumed the role as executive vice president of operations for both the Indian Trail and Concord facilities, according to a news release. The report states that George, who has been with Carolina Courts for 3 years, brings a wealth of knowledge from the basketball world, and has […]
- NC toll road moves ahead with contractor guilty of fraud May 29, 2015